SoCal lobster season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jlyle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Did anyone else go out opening day?

openingday2022.jpg

Did anyone else go out opening day?
Couple of big boys there my friend !!
What is this...2 decades(?) you have not missed opening day. ???

I forgot to ask. How many years for you?
This year was my 26th consecutive year of diving opening day of Florida lobster season & I've never missed an opener. That would be roughly 600 lobsters caught in the 2 day season historically..But there's ALOT of divers I know that are double that number. I'm still a newbie :)

I'm curios about how this years opener went for SoCal folks? I dove Corona Del Mar and it was the best opener I've ever seen. There were a lot of bugs, but not just that. There was the highest percentage of legals that I've ever seen. From Newport to Dana Point (and maybe more south?) much of the season last year was shut down due to the Huntington Beach oil spill. Trying to figure out if the accounts for a good season this year. If I hear that the season is normal everywhere else, I'll bet the closure provided a benefit this year.
Six divers, six limits.
40bugs.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom