Socorro Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was one of the 1st people to review that boat and I also spoke to Wayne Brown about the issues, he said he was going to address those issues, but apparently that is not what happened

After several of the boats sinking, we travel with a ditch bag and our own fire alarm - and not just on liverboards, land based as well

I’m the diver who’s not going. Clearly, this operation is struggling. Non-functioning equipment, blind eye to safety, drop in food quality. I can‘t believe anyone is getting rich these days from a diving operation due to inflation, COVID, etc. Still, this is a seriously unsafe boat IMHO.

We don’t need another Conception disaster and this operation, based on reports going back to 2019, looks, to me, like a potential candidate. Maybe not this trip, or the next…. I‘ll be following up with Aggressor, the boat’s Cabo-based owners, and copying other dive-related agencies. Just so there‘s no question about who knew what and when. Don’t forget, the Red Sea Aggressor had a fatal fire at sea three months after The Conception in 2019.

I wish all the divers a safe trip and lots of amazing big fish. Sad I won’t be going… but this isn’t my time to do Socorro (on this boat).

It wasn't just fire safety, there was all kinds of other issues going on .

I wouldn't go back on that boat even though I had a great time and I loved the crew…

the boat was repurposed from the Middle East and the owner, a Hungarian, didn't take the proper care of it..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom