Softwear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
You guys were dead on right about the job Janice does with SoftWear drysuit undergarments. They fit like a glove, perfect. I just hope I don't get any fatter. The true test will be this weekend when I dive with it off Monterey, but I'm pretty sure it'll work out great.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver

Hi,
I'm looking for drysuit undergarments tiuse with a trilaminated drysuit.
I would like to know in which temperature range the softwear 300 weight can be used. I'm planning a trip to british Columbia in april. Is it the enough temperature protection? or what should i take?

thank you very much for your help.

bernard

melfox26:
You guys were dead on right about the job Janice does with SoftWear drysuit undergarments. They fit like a glove, perfect. I just hope I don't get any fatter. The true test will be this weekend when I dive with it off Monterey, but I'm pretty sure it'll work out great.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver

laazur:
Hi,
I'm looking for drysuit undergarments tiuse with a trilaminated drysuit.
I would like to know in which temperature range the softwear 300 weight can be used. I'm planning a trip to british Columbia in april. Is it the enough temperature protection? or what should i take?

thank you very much for your help.

bernard

Bernard,

I have a 300wt Softwear suit I got a year ago, and when I go diving in the COLD water (high 30's F.) in northern Lake Huron, I layer under it a Unionsuit of wool and Polypro that I got from a place on line, and usually a tee shirt and skivvies under that. I find that even in the coldest conditions, this is plenty of insulation for me. In the warmer waters of the quarry in the summer, I wear the Softwear suit over swim trunks and a short sleeved tee and it is also plenty. So, you can always layer thermals under the suit if it isn't warm enough for you. The only time I was ever cold in the suit, was after a 90 minute surface interval in +22 degree F. weather in November in Northern Michigan. The water that day was twice as warm as the air...

HKRacing:
Does anybody have the "Softwear" website address??? Thanx.
Search the board using "softwear" and you'll find a whole bunch of threads relating to Janice's innerwear, including many with her url. Sorry, no time to do your leg work for you this morning.

hi all,

I'm very excited about my Softwear purchase! Janice had my size in stock and I expect it will arrive this week. I am so glad I ran across scubaboard!

I'll be wearing my base layer of capalene and the 300wt Softwear unders. If that isn't warm enough I'll add a layer of wool between the base and the unders. I've got an FLX50/50 drysuit that I start using next Saturday. Our water is currently at 42F here in Ketchikan, AK and I run a little on the cold side.

DrDuktayp

I ordered Softwear unders from Janice and they are very nice. I'll try them out in 8 days on my first open water dive. The unders are so nice that my wife has ordered hers which should arrive several days before we do our dives for our certification.

Soooo Glad I read these posts,

DrDuktayp

DrDuktayp:
I ordered Softwear unders from Janice and they are very nice. I'll try them out in 8 days on my first open water dive. The unders are so nice that my wife has ordered hers which should arrive several days before we do our dives for our certification.

Soooo Glad I read these posts,

DrDuktayp

If I had a chance would be a set of canvas or soft rubber bottoms to the socks. I'm always stepping in a puddle as I take my drysuit off and getting my socks wet! A little rubber, or canvas on the sole of the bootie would help stop this, I think....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom