Sol Food on Vacation!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the 17th is Saturday. :wink:

Cindy and I arrive on Friday the 16th.

Sunshine - Please reserve us a place on Friday for dinner. Also we are hoping you will have a couple of loaves of your Banana Nut Bread for us (great for breakfast with a dollop of cream cheese).

Hope your are enjoying YOUR vacation!! :D

Feney - let me know if you want to do a night dive to see the Coral Spawning.

Yes I would be interested in a night dive to see the coral spawning!!

Hi Sunshine--Robin and I will be at Kura Hulanda starting Sept 17th so we would like to make reservations for Friday & Sat night (17th & 18th) at 6:30ish. See you!
Feney

Ooops, thanks for the correction TN traveler! Sunshine--Robin and I need a reservation Sat and Sunday (17th & 18th). See you!

David and I are back on the island. I don't know why Europeans complain about the weather; we had 3 perfect weeks. Gotta start baking the brownies, it sounds like I'll be see you all this weekend and next!
A manta ray and a southern stingray are around to play hide and seek with you. Sea you soon!

Usually only Monday's there are 2 of us with the LVV spears and we go diving on Sunday (Varsenbaai this week and Gustelle also has a spear). We then sell the Sunday catch on Monday as "Fish of the Day." This coming Monday I think I'll take a pic of our sign and post it here along with a note saying that we are buying Lionfish, maybe then we'll have it on other days as well!

Sunshine,

14 more came in yesterday, and two of us are getting in three dives tomorrow at Sunset for some more (while a friend works on his rescue classes).

At any rate, I'm going to start a separate thread announcing that we are buying them, as well as selling our "official" containment unit (trying to get LVV to use them), as well as try to get one of the fish cleaners to clean them for tourists and dive operators to sell them to us.

But that was all a side note...

I'm trying to get a lot of restaurants on the island to sell Lionfish. I have about 8-10 kilos in the freezer now, would you and David like me to set a few aside to see if you can create a "Lionfish Pizza?"

Hugs,
Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom