Sola 4000 video lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pongo1998

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any experience with the sola 4000 video lights to share? Pro and cons.

I have had a pair for over a year. Pros: Very bright, not over-rated like many others. Long battery (40 mins at 4000, and hours at 1000). Good, even beam spread. Very simple operation and clear LED scale for power level and battery status. Built like tanks. Lots of levels making manual video exposure much easier (set the camera, and adjust the lights).

Cons: A little big, but this is a trade-off for the big long lasting batteries. Heavy on land re handling at the end of arms, but neutral in the water and easy to handle during the dive. More expensive than others. Charging time is long, almost three hours from dead to full.

Overall, the pros FAR outweigh the cons. I consider these to be worth every penny. I shoot mirrorless and often switch between photo and video during a dive. At the end of my arms, I use triple clamps with a strobe and one of these on each side. Easy to handle and gives incredible versatility.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom