Sola Dive 2500 S/F Question . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigbella

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
For you Light and Motion enthusiasts out there, I have a question.

Recently, I received a Sola Dive 2500 S/F light for my birthday and was wondering whether anyone out there had come up with some sort of lanyard solution for the thing?

That ridiculous nylon wrist mount is a hard f****** no.

Other Light and Motion products had lanyards or at least fittings for them -- and while I do have a light mount for my FFM rail system, the 2500 would only be kept in place, in that case, by the integral Sola base, on a track (like that of the hand-free mount) and only by a single, finger-tight nylon screw -- not that damn secure . . .

Buy the better hand mount they offer.

L&M sell a few different adapters for the Sola - you could bolt one of those on and then attach a lanyard to that:
1/4 mount
Ball mount (could just chop the ball off and put a lanyard through the lanyard hole)

If you want something lower-profile and you're OK to DIY it, I would just put a stainless bolt into the threaded hole along with a healthy dose of Loctite Red. I have a number of random Chinese lights attached to a Goodman handle with just a 1/4" bolt, and with Loctite in there, I have had zero issues

I DIY'ed a DiveRite QRM to mine and use the soft DR glove.

Order the same screw except in stainless steel from McMaster-Carr. We have several of their lights and it works much better than their nylon counterpart.

Buy the better hand mount they offer.

It shipped with that same ridiculous strap -- and it's just not practical for me, to have a light mounted in that fashion, which really limits the use a hand. Also, if I have to adjust anything on the fly , say a strap, I'd rather not, haphazardly, blind myself or others, especially at night, since even on its lowest setting, the Sola is terribly bright.

Don't want to be "that guy."

I opted for the simple ball-mount, which has an attachment for a conventional lanyard; has a stainless steel screw fastener; and that seems to be the best option . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom