Closed: sold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Asking how someone has an apparently unlimited supply of brand new computers for sale at massive discounts is not 'trolling'.

You haven't bought one in the past. Your not buying now. Your simply bumping around in my thread that's trolling......if shearwater has some kind of real issue then they need to post a database of stolen perdixs. That way people can check instead of messing around with established sellers reputations

Yes most dealers keep records of the serial numbers and let us know when fraudulent activity has occurred. It can take a couple of months before they know they've been scammed though. By then the units have been resold on ebay or other method.

So there's no database and no plans for a database and your simply going to just create paranoia. Now no one can sell there used units and have to buy new. I suppose this helps you to sell units since the only way someone knows for sure there unit isn't stolen is to buy from a dealer.

You haven't bought one in the past. Your not buying now. Your simply bumping around in my thread that's trolling......if shearwater has some kind of real issue then they need to post a database of stolen perdixs. That way people can check instead of messing around with established sellers reputations
Seems like you could defend your own reputation by simply explaining how you have so many to give away. Getting violently defensive about it doesn't make you look good here. Quite the opposite.

Seems like you could defend your own reputation by simply explaining how you have so many to give away. Getting violently defensive about it doesn't make you look good here. Quite the opposite.

I'm not seeing the violence then again I'm a marine. So maybe it goes over my head. I have invested capital into many of dive shops across this fine nation. I sell equipment as a hobby. As I'm a scuba instructor and I enjoy helping people get deals where I can get them.

So there's no database and no plans for a database and your simply going to just create paranoia. Now no one can sell there used units and have to buy new. I suppose this helps you to sell units since the only way someone knows for sure there unit isn't stolen is to buy from a dealer.

Quite the opposite. We can track the serial number to the original purchasing dealer dating back to 2006. Not all dealers track their sales though. The more sophisticated online sellers do, but not the smaller ones. Just recently, we were able to recover a stolen NERD and return it to the rightful owner.

Customers considering the purchase of a used unit routinely contact us to find out how much warranty is left. We happily tell them and do not discourage them from purchasing a used unit. Unless the unit has been reported as stolen though.

FWIW, I recently purchased from this seller. Today I received the unit and checked the serial number with Shearwater...everything is kosher as far as they can tell and playing with the unit I haven't seen any issues (I haven't tested AI yet since I don't have a tank handy). The only less-than-ideal part of the experience was waiting nearly 2 weeks from purchase to receiving what I ordered...I can live with that. This is just one person's experience with this seller, but I'm happy.

None of anything I sell is stolen. I can buy sell trade as much as I see fit. Trolling my thread with money your not spending is a waste of my time as well as yours. I assure you your not going to get brownie points with anyone. If you are buying something from me check your invoice and give me a call. There are 0 complaints here chief.
How's that working out for ya, Chief?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom