Some bad news for Playas del Coco / Ocotal macro lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cephalopod2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Some bad news for Playas del Coco / Ocotal macro lovers - Maurin the ace macro guide has left Rich Coast Diving and as of the last update I had is working for Riu, the AI out of town.

I believe this will make it extremely difficult for individuals to dive with her unless they are staying at Riu. Steve the Baker may have some more advice. If you are bringing a group it might be possible to request her as part of a charter with another dive op, but other than private guiding I am not sure there would be any other way to dive with her as things currently stand.

Of course there are many guides in Playas del Coco who can find some macro animals, but Maurin is legendary for a reason. No one else I dove with over two ops and 3 weeks was anywhere close to Maurin's level. If you are seriously into cryptic, small or rare animals, she is the one you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom