Some images from Malpelo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I was on the ferox in June for an epic trip to Malpelo
Admitedly this is not a destination and a boat for everyone. We had downpours and there was not a lot of light but there was an amazing quantity of fish
I was aware that hammerheads are better found in the dry season however most people go there for this reason and this means your prime objective is not fish schools which instead for me where absolute prime. The quantities made the schoold in egypt raja and galapagos look tiny
I also found the coral in pristine conditions and although this was not the red sea it was much better than galapagos with plenty of soft and hard corals not just barnacles as I was led to believe

20230624_mf207479_the-school.jpg

20230625_mf207600_get-closer-1.jpg

20230625_mf207731_sway-1.jpg

20230625_mf207703_spongers-1.jpg

20230623_mf207232_snappers-at-dartagnan-ii-1.jpg

20230623_mf207251_selfie-sh-1.jpg

So cool. Thank you.

Beautiful

awesome shots! care to tell us about your camera setup? what camera, what lens?
Really sorry
All is explained here
On the top of the blog pages there are photos and tests of all configurations I use

Is there better times of the year to visit this location? This has moved up high on my 'soon' list. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom