Some questions about hull cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have a marina full of folks that live on houseboats, they don't come with trailers. Some of those boats haven't been out of the water in decades though.
OK, so let's put it this way; properly maintained boats with anti fouling paint in good condition that live in freshwater do not typically need in-water hull cleaning. Houseboats that haven't been hauled for paint in decades do not qualify as "properly maintained."

I had thought about this but I know there are many businesses offering hull cleaning services in the Toronto area and all around the great lakes...they have more or less the same season as we do.

1. Electrocution in the water. I understand in fresh water marinas this is a potential danger due to the salinity of my body being greater than the water and the current wanting to pass through me. How would I go about assuring that this will not happen? What power needs to be turned off either at the marina or on the boat or both? What can I do to test the surrounding water?
Electric Shock Drowning: three more dead this week | Sail Feed

Sorry fstbttmus, you are absolutely right. And I don't know what OP's locale will dictate as far as cleaning goes, but I do know this, people in Alabama have a different definition of 'properly maintained'. Honestly a scrub brush goes a long way but they're not the cleanest breed.

As for the electro-thing.....that's just crazy talk. Didn't yo momma teach you not to keep not to blow dry yo hair inda tub???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom