"Someday" becoming a reality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PvtStash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heyhey aquanauts , I'm not a Diver yet but I've always wanted to and I'm not gettin' any younger so I figure I better get On with it already before I lose my chance.

I've been getting myself into shape, and I've ordered a couple books @ half.com (Certified Diver's Handbook by Clay Coleman, and Scuba Diving by Dennis K. Graver), and I plan on visiting the local wwwaqua-hutcom sometime early next year.

If any of you have any good books you'd like to recommend I'd Love to hear about 'em... I do alot of reading, and I know I can only learn so much before actually getting wet , but I still would like to read all I can to kinda preface myself and give me a chance to ask my instructor questions later.

Alrighty then.... think thats about it... for now!

peace

Dive in PvtStash! Its a skill based sport and we learn by doing. You'll get all the basics you need from your Open Water dive book. You would be well benefited by going to your local dive shop and purchasing it and the DVD that comes with it. Get a physical form form the dive shop and review it. Better yet, check with your doc and evaluate if there are any contradictions to diving. For other good reading material applicable to your level get the PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving. Have fun and come on in, the water's fine.

smilies-35311.png
bananawave.gif

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

don
banana_guitar.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom