For Sale Sony 16mm + VCL-ECF1 fish eye adapter for N85

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marshmellow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Sony 16mm + VCL-ECF1 fish eye adapter for N85 in mint condition. Does not include any cases.

Selling for $135 Plus shipping

Attachments

• _DSC0478.JPG
    _DSC0478.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 76
  • _DSC0479.JPG
    _DSC0479.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 46
What camera were you using this on? And do you have any sample photos of both the lens by itself and the lens+converter? I’m looking for something pretty wide angle, and this might be just the ticket.

I was using this on a NEX7 setup on a Nauticam housing. It's a fairly sharp little setup depending whether you're a pixel peeper or not. I now shoot with a Sony a6500 and a Canon 8-15mm Type L fisheye in a modified N120 4.33 FE port system. I can use this same modified port for the Zeiss 16-70 zoom and the Sony 90mm macro. So, I have moved on from the APS-C N85 port system (at the cost of a small fortune).

Depending how much money you want to spend, this is nice and lightweight portable N85 port set-up to be used in a Nauticam 4.33 dome. I actually have a modified N85 dome that has a macro mount attached to it's shade wings. When I was using N85, I also modified a top of the line Zeiss 12mm Touit lens that fits into the N85 4.33 port. Normally you need a wider dome setup (like my N120) but I worked with Zeiss to remove the shade so it would fit the N85 port system.

You can also use the Sony 18-55 kit lens with a close up wet lens with the 4.33 fisheye port as a sort of single dive lens where you have medium wide angle and super-macro. Take note that the 4.33 port needs a 10mm mini-extension for proper lens placement for the Sony 18-50 and Zeiss 12mm.

This all becomes a very nice and affordable lightweight system to give you fisheye wide angle (16 w/ FE adapter), 16mm prime, 12mm Zeiss (one of the sharpest lens on the market), and medium 18-50mm zoom with the ability to do supermacro (a nice set-up for video and single dive use). All with one 4.33 Mini-Fisheye port!

All the above equipment is listed on Scubaboard at very reasonable (cheap) prices, including a Nauiticam NEX7 housing. If you're looking for a whole system on a small budget, it's a good way to go. Everything is in mint like new condition. They are all listed now on the 1st and 2nd page below the link to the lens and converter. Of course, if you are shooting with a different housing than Nauticam, then your options are different.

Sometimes I want to go back to The NEX7, because of it's lightweight size and packability, but my Sony a6500 isn't much bigger and I'm in a different league of lens for sharpness and pixel peeping, but not necessarily overall angle of view capability.

Sorry, I don't have time now to dig through all my photos and tell you which one went with which lens.

Hope this all helps.

Marshall

Thanks for the write up. I’m using an a6400 in a Salted Line housing, with 4 & 6 in domes, and a variety of flat ports for macro work. I sold my 16mm Sigma so my current widest lens is 28mm.

Looks like the Sea Frogs port chart lists the 16mm + ECF and ECU as compatible with their 4” dome, so there is that.

Looks like the stuff on Nauticam I shared probably won't apply in your case. The 16mm and FE converter is sure a cheap way to get a combo lens set-up with a very close focus fisheye. It would serve you well until you can upgrade to a FE zoom, if Salted Line provides for that. Nice that they list it as compatible with their 4" dome. Too bad Sony doesn't make a high quality fisheye. They keep just coming up with a FE adapters for both FF and APS-C. For most of us who want a FE zoom, it means a Metabones adapter. I use the Canon FF FE zoom with my APS-C, along with a Kenko Teleconverter for quite a lot of zoom range and close focus capability. I pay the price though in both cost and weight with all the gear it takes. Fortunately, Nauticam makes all the neccessary zoom rings for the different combinations to make it work.

Let me know if you want the lens and FE converter.

I'll check out your photos. You can see some of the stuff I do at my web page: www.marshallcolley.com

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom