Sony a6000 & 4/10-18 Sony emount lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to upgrade my current camera system with the a6000. Ikelite has come out with a more affordable housing. Ikelite told me they will have a lens port for the 10-18 wide angle lens in the near future - my question is does anyone have any experience shooting with the a6000 4/10-18 lens combo? The combination does a good job topside, but not sure about underwater - thanks.
Bill

I understand the Ikelite are cheaper but they are large, heavy and more awkward to use underwater. I would save up my money and get an Amphibico or a Nauticam if you can.

The 10-18 takes a pretty large port, Nauticam A6000 Housing uses a 7" dome, or the Zen DP170. Sea & Sea also has a nice A6000 housing, and we like the controls on it as well or better. But Nauticam has a lot more ports and gear options.

Ikelite has it in their 6" 5516.15 dome, which might be ok, particularly for video, but the corners won't be as good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom