Sony A6500 Housing/Port/Lens Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am thinking of moving to this camera. For half the price of the Nauticam, the Fantasea looks great!

But, why don't housing makers adopt a standardized port system?? I would love to put the Zen 170mm optical glass dome on this, or the Nauticam 180mm, for wide angle use.

I'm considering the A6500 in the Nauticam housing. Do you guys know if the following lenses all fit with the 170mm Zen Dome?
Zeiss 16-70 F4
Sony 10-18 F4
Sony 16 F2.8 with Fish-eye converter

Looking at the Zen chart I only see the 10-18 F4 and 16 F2.8 but I was told the 16-70 F4 should work as well with the 30mm extension. Can anyone confirm it? I would be happy if I need only one dome for them.

I think that dome also will work with the Zeiss 12mm e-mount lens, reputed to be the sharpest wide angle setup available.

I got this from Reef Photo. I know you are in Europe but you might contact them, they are closely connected, or even involved with, Zen.

I asked ZEN directly and all three lenses won't work with one dome. Only the Zeiss 16-70 F4, Sony 10-18 F4.

Thank you guyharrisonphoto...I will definitely take a look at that lens.

Back
Top Bottom