Question Sony a6500 + sigma 18-35 f1.8 (mc11) + seafrogs salted line a6xxx : port selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

monpok

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would like to take my sony a6500 with sigma 18-35 F1.8 together with MC-11 adapter underwater. I already have a seafrogs a6XXX salted line housing and I am searching for a port that could be partially compatible.

Seafrogs sells a sony 70-200mm flat port for salted line housing that could fit my lens (might be without zoom control). I was wondering if anyone has already made it, or have this port and could provide measurements.

I was also wondering if this port is in one or two parts and if could be usefull to adapt a seafrogs salted line 80mm port to their new 90mm port.

Thanks !

Vincent

Are you looking to use this lens for underwater or surface photography? Because underwater, it really isn't a good fit - the wide aperture is mostly useless, it's nowhere near wide enough for reef scenes, and it can't do macro.

Thanks for your reply. I would like to do both. I know it's not ideal, but I would like to give it a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom