Sony CCD-TRV212 (old) need housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We upgraded our video camera so we are looking for a housing for the old one now that it isn't being used on land. I've been searching and can't seem to find a housing that is compatible with the Sony CCD-TRV212. Do they even make one? Help! I don't need anything fancy, something that will go to 60 feet is fine.
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
We upgraded our video camera so we are looking for a housing for the old one now that it isn't being used on land. I've been searching and can't seem to find a housing that is compatible with the Sony CCD-TRV212. Do they even make one? Help! I don't need anything fancy, something that will go to 60 feet is fine.
Ber :lilbunny:
I'm not familiar with your specific camera model but try Aquatix or Atmo-Seal. Both make a generic tube housing with some limited controls that will work - around $500.

It probably also would fit or an Ocean Images Dolphin Pro($849), Top Dawg II($900) or possibly an Equinox Pro-Pak 6, but you'd need to verify that. On the upper end it will probably fit into a USVH T9, they're about $1700.

Or if you want to save money, watch Ebay. There was just a nice O/I Dolphin that sold for $400, it would have worked with your camera as it's a flat port housing with electronic LANC controls.

Links to all manufacturer's are found here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=86858

Steve

Thanks Steve :) I had looked at the Sony site in that thread but didn't have any luck even finding the camera let alone a housing for it. Google didn't return anything useful for me either. Thanks for another starting point!
Ber

Back
Top Bottom