Sony Digital Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LAS

Reaction score
I am considering buying a sony DSC-P10 with marine kit, can any one give me feed back on how good this camera is underwater, is it compatable with external strobes etc. Failing this make any other suitable sugestions on different cameras?

Many thsanks,

LAS

I picked up a DSC-P3 off ebay a few months ago and the marine kit for it was only $99. I had to use Photoshop to add some reds back in on my first trip out. I just picked up the red lense filter and in medium depths it does the trick! (40-60ft depth in clear Cayman vis of 100ft+). In 80-120ft things get dark blue. The sony external xeon light is a rip-off, no real intensity - I got better light coming off my UK light cannon. I'm thinking about an external slave strobe - we'll see.... I'll pm you for your email if you wanna check out some of the shots I got....

MY gripe with Sony is that I had a DSC-P71 and they don'y make uw housings for all models. So I like their gear, picked the cheaper housing (the other one is about $260) and found the end of life camera on ebay.

Good for simple photography, small, not a lot of manual control Sea & Sea makes and adapter for lenses and a strobe mount for use with a flash/fiber redirector.

Over all a good combination for the pric.e

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom