Sony DSC-W170 digital camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am not sure if I post in right forum, because there is no Sony's corner like Nikon, Canon, and etc...

I have been looking around for a right camera for me for quite a while. I have had Sealife camera and Olympus camera - both didn't quite impressed me at all compare to my buddy's camera (Nikon) with their picture qualities. Both cameras I had were showing a lot of blurs and imperfect images. I wanted my picture to be good to excellent quality with good short videoes. Anyone has a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W170?

Here is the website that leds to this particular camera for more details:
DSC-W170 | Silver Cyber-shot® W170 Digital Camera DSC-W170 | Sony | SonyStyle USA

I also read the reviews online... All were good so far! If no one has this camera, can you photography experts read the descriptions of this camera and explain what you feel about it? I am not pro photographer, but I am very picky on how images look. I wanted my pictures to be absolutely clear and impressive pictures!

I guess no one wants to comment on this camera...

I bought this very camera yesterday with a steal price!!! I shot the camera outside environments including distant and macro pictures, and video. So far, the pictures turned out great and the video is impressive, too! Video seems to adjust quite too slow on few points. Maybe, I just need to practice more on the camera to understand its abilities.

In a few months when I get back from a long training up north, I will buy an underwater housing. I can't wait to see how the images look underwater, using this camera. I am not sure if I should buy Sony or Ikelite underwater housing. Not sure which one has the better advantage over the other.

I guess no one wants to comment on this camera...

I bought this very camera yesterday with a steal price!!! I shot the camera outside environments including distant and macro pictures, and video. So far, the pictures turned out great and the video is impressive, too! Video seems to adjust quite too slow on few points. Maybe, I just need to practice more on the camera to understand its abilities.

In a few months when I get back from a long training up north, I will buy an underwater housing. I can't wait to see how the images look underwater, using this camera. I am not sure if I should buy Sony or Ikelite underwater housing. Not sure which one has the better advantage over the other.

Did you ever get a housing for the DSC-W170? If so, could you post a follow-up on your experience? I have the camera and am considering buying a housing and strobe. Thanks.

I've got a DSC-W150 and love all the pictures it takes underwater. I was able to purchase an underwater housing for it from Sony and it's rated down to 130'. If you go to photobucket and look up "tejanopirate" you'll able to see some of the pictures that I've taken with it. I don't think it's "magazine worthy" by any stretch, but for doing what I like to do, it is fun and gets the job done.

Nate did you take those pictures with a strobe? I just bought the underwater housing for my DSC-W150 which I've had for a little while. I'm about to head to San Diego and try it out for the first time, but for money sake I can't get the strobe yet.

Back
Top Bottom