Sony HDR-XR550V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the CX550 which is basically the same camera but with a different storage mode- or at least that is my understanding. I have had problems with my camera in a housing without Manual White Balance as a control option- everything is very neon green- no matter if the vis and light is good. I have seen posts on the importance of doing the manual white balance with this and other cameras so I would suggest that you look into this before making your move.

I am going to watch the replies to your post as I am on the verge of buying the Ikelite housing for the camera- which is the same model for the camera you want and it has the MWB available through the LCD screen. I like that is has manual controls and is reasonable priced. Would appreciate any feedback you get on this.

I have considered trading in the camera but what I really like about it is the 12 MP on stills and I am not seeing anything close in other model camcorders. Does anyone know if this green effect is a problem with this camera model?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom