Sony RX100 in Nauticam housing back from Malapascua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks great, and very nice video work. I'm going this winter, can't wait :)

Anything you specifically recommend to do/not do?

Yeh we are going next Easter followed by a week diving the wrecks at Sangat. Great video nicely edited. Lots of similar species to Komodo Indonesia. We are staying/diving with Thresher Divers.

Looks great, and very nice video work. I'm going this winter, can't wait :)

Anything you specifically recommend to do/not do?

Thanks! Dive shops may offer a few time slots to go to see thresher. My last visit 2 years ago were usually 5, 5:30 and 6am. Always try the earliest as the early birds are usually rewarded :wink:
This time we only had the 5am ship and we saw threshers every time!

Try the Italian restaurant on the other side of the island, Angelina I think, nice food!

Some really good video shots and stills. The framing of the seahorse video clip was great.
Really drooling over this camera and the Nauticam housing set-up.

We ate at Angelina everyday! It was amazing!

Beautiful video, I love using the RX-100. Nice job with the threshers. - Scott

Yes Scott indeed it is a joy to use the RX100 and I'm not getting the most out of it yet. Planning another trip for Dec and hope to improve with more practice!

I finally completed the workflow to process the RX100 files with open source software if I have time I will post on the blog

Were the shark still shots from video or camera function? I was hoping for sharper images as I have dived Malapascua often and with the low light levels so early in the morning it is difficult to get good still images with a point and shoot. I have some video from my old G7 - can't remember if I've tried with my G11 with success.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom