Soundtracks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r3schultz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any suggestions for "Soundtracks" or "background" music? I've used Enya and lots of Danny Elfman. I was just curious what anybody else used and thought was good.

Ever hear of Free and legal music downloads - Jamendo Take a look at it. Personally I look for most of my music at the local library. I take home about 20 discs at a time, for weeks at a time. Download and save what I choose.

I use a lot of new age music as I just don't feel vocals fit the underwater scenes very well. Most of mine is slow and easy, just like my scuba diving and video work. Some vocals for the top side stuff, but it has to fit the location and mood.

There is a lot of soundtracks that you can get some music from, but it takes a lot of work (listening).

Chris Zippel is my favorite .I like a bunch of his music...pretty talented guy. It is electronic music; kinda creepy, kinda dark, new age-ish.,I dunno..but goes really good with underwater videos.

I saw a dive video with Chris Zippels "Deep Draw" and have been turned on ever since. Very cool number.

I also like Aes Dana; Aural planet; Sundial Aeon (Azure Aquarings and Seafloor are good ones)

There is so much out there once you venture into this realm of music. I personally love it for videos and/or chillin out. Good long tunes...about 5-6 minutes on average and go well with a video if put together right.

I take a slightly different track. My videos use royalty free music. I know not as exciting as your favorites but they do allow me to freely post my videos. On a recent trip I found myself without music and tried Blue Man Group - the audience loved the upbeat weirdness but I was left with video I could not use. I hate doing double work!

Using music that is not royalty free means redoing it so you can podcast it on say iTunes. Check out the many royalty free web sites you will be surprised at the variety.

Using music that is not royalty free means redoing it so you can podcast it on say iTunes. Check out the many royalty free web sites you will be surprised at the variety.

And the cost. I've found that royalty free often comes with a huge price tag.

It depends on the dive, but some of my favorites lately have been Aural Night, Butterfly Tea, and Kendra Springer. I normally go for more laid back, softer music. Check out my videos to see how I use music in my vids.

Peace,
Greg

I personally find Enya a little bit too dramatic for dive videos. I like String Quartet Tributes (like the Radiohead one), downtempo, or reggae dub.

Back
Top Bottom