Source for #36 line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2.5mm line is close enough to #36 - you might be able to find it at a Home Depot type place.

That's the only place I've seen, Reef Scuba... I believe it's thicker than anything McMaster Carr carries... If you find another source, let me know because I've been passively looking for a while as well.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I just ordered a spool from RSA. I think I just found my new source for SS hardware as well.

BTW, I was reeling my way out of a wreck yesterday and my #24 snapped. Luckily, I wasn't too far in and it was pretty much a straight line out. I had to use my backup finger spool to deploy my lift bag.

#36 going on all reels this week. :)

I know Doppler (on this board and Deco Stop) teaches wreck penetration, and he'll tell you 36 is a minimum for wreck applications. 36 is probably a smart move.

For SS hardware, if you need snaps, take a look at Nix Dog Collars - he's got a whole Scuba section on his site. Really friendly and great prices.

I've been meaning to switch to #36 for some time. Anything bigger than #36 and I can't get enough line on them. I use a 3" reel and 2 finger spools. I usually carry the reel and one spool, or two spools depending on what I'm doing. I will be adding a 4" primary reel when I take the trimix class this summer. I don't do deep penetrations requiring that kind of length yet, but my depths will increase this summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom