Source for bonnet nut teflon packing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwinter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a bunch of valves to service and my shop will no longer sell me just teflon packing/washers. Whole service kits are crazy expensive, and I have tons of seats, stems, o-rings, springs, etc. But the teflon washers are harder to come by. As far as I can tell, there are basically 4 different ones. The thin, large handwheel washer should be pretty easy to source once I take some measurements. But the bonnet nut packing washers are a different matter. Some valves use an o-ring on the stem and a medium thickness teflon packing. Others omit the o-ring and instead use a thin and a thick teflon washer. I might be able to get the specs (ID, OD and thickness), but I haven't found a good source to just load up on these little doodads.

Anybody got a recommendation?

Thanks lemke, but they only list a couple of options with 1/4 inch ID and I don't think those will do. As for NESS, that is not an option.

VDH lists a number. No idea if the size is appropriate for you. 5 options to choose from, you'll need to hunt around the different pages to see them all. Listed as: US Divers Nylon Washer, AA96-K, AA96-A, AA96-1 and Valve Knob Washer.
Shop Online

VDH lists a number. No idea if the size is appropriate for you. 5 options to choose from, you'll need to hunt around the different pages to see them all. Listed as: US Divers Nylon Washer, AA96-K, AA96-A, AA96-1 and Valve Knob Washer.
Shop Online

Thanks for that link. But most of those look straight out of the Trident catalog and don't have dimensions. I have ordered several sizes from oringsusa and will see if I can find something that works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom