South Komodo (only) via liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divenski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Everyone,
Is anyone aware of a liveaboard that goes to South Komodo? Usually during the season for South Komodo, the liveaboards that frequent the north and central parts go elsewhere - Raja Ampat mostly, it appears. But October to April or December to May appears to be best for the south. It's less crowded (a good thing) and during a South Komodo dive several years back I saw 17 manta rays.... Anyway, I see that Seven Seas is going to start doing trips there in December of 2024, but that's a long time from now. If you are aware of another liveaboard that does trips there during that season, please do tell! Thanks.

Many years ago (10?) I did a south trip in October with Moana. I just looked at their schedule and they are still doing 5 and 7 nights trips that time of year, but they do not indicate where. They are a solid company and I have recommended them to many people throughout the years. All have been happy. Maybe give them a shout and see what they have to say?

Komodo Liveboard Schedule | Moana Cruising runs 5-nights Komodo Liveboard Trips

Many years ago (10?) I did a south trip in October with Moana. I just looked at their schedule and they are still doing 5 and 7 nights trips that time of year, but they do not indicate where. They are a solid company and I have recommended them to many people throughout the years. All have been happy. Maybe give them a shout and see what they have to say?

Komodo Liveboard Schedule | Moana Cruising runs 5-nights Komodo Liveboard Trips
Thanks, Matts1w. Their schedule appears to be all north/central, but I've sent them a message. I appreciate the reply! I'll post if they go south or know of a boat that does.

But it is NOT a LoB.

Indo Aggressor does Komodo too when many boats are in Raja Ampat. They do have Komodo Deep South as one of their itineraries.

Indo Aggressor does Komodo too when many boats are in Raja Ampat. They do have Komodo Deep South as one of their itineraries.
Thanks, I see that now! I wasn't sure how to search a bunch of boats at once - I use Liveaboard.com to do that, but it's hard to get to specific locations without going into each boat's page. Have you been on this boat?

Thanks, I see that now! I wasn't sure how to search a bunch of boats at once - I use Liveaboard.com to do that, but it's hard to get to specific locations without going into each boat's page. Have you been on this boat?
I was with them last December on a 10-night trip. The itinerary did say Komodo Deep South but we only spent one day at Horseshoe Bay, and another day at Langkoi where Manta Alley dive site is. Not that anyone on the boat seemed to mind that. The visibility at north & central Komodo was still pretty good then.

I was just there this last January with Damai LOB and I have done the same trip at the same time with Pindito LOB. Both are great boats! We spent most of the time in the south with amazing conditions! On each of the three trips we spent at least 4 days in Horseshoe!

I am going on the very basic Busy Girl in October and the expectation is that the focus will be south.

Back
Top Bottom