South side Cruise Ship dock.....shore diving/snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phreaticus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Anyone know if this spot is off limits now? Used to get in there with scooters and shore dive the wall out there, back in the '80's. Looks like (on Google Earth) that it has a full scale parking lot and a bit of a shelter there now.....
If not in the parking area itself, can you park outside the perimeter and then access the water?
And I'm not stupid...I know not to use it when , on the rare occaision that the cruise ships actually have to utilize that area, for weather issues.

BTW...the wall is spectacular there...the shallows, as would be expected, had been pulverized by anchors...even in the early '80's. Huge cascading sheets of corals, long descending tunnels from the shoulder of the wall to openings at 120-140 on the wall....same stuff as off Bodden Town, btw.

Anyone know if this spot is off limits now? Used to get in there with scooters and shore dive the wall out there, back in the '80's. Looks like (on Google Earth) that it has a full scale parking lot and a bit of a shelter there now.....
If not in the parking area itself, can you park outside the perimeter and then access the water?
And I'm not stupid...I know not to use it when , on the rare occaision that the cruise ships actually have to utilize that area, for weather issues.

BTW...the wall is spectacular there...the shallows, as would be expected, had been pulverized by anchors...even in the early '80's. Huge cascading sheets of corals, long descending tunnels from the shoulder of the wall to openings at 120-140 on the wall....same stuff as off Bodden Town, btw.

We dive there a lot both day & night conditions permitting. Turn west on the wall & exit opposite Prospect Reef condos. You can either park in the parking lot or on the patch to the west of it. Our favourite spots off BT are at the end of Manse Road, opp where The Edge used to be & the track just to the west of Manse Road condos opp the Stabaglo. Any others?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom