Southern Africa dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only place I've been offered a night dive in Moz was at Simply Scuba in Ponta De Oura. We've done at least two night dives every time I've been there and diving Doodles, Creche or Checkers at night is quite a calm, easy dive with lots to see.

Sorry to hijack this post and get off the subject but Andy, how was your Dahab trip?

Ag no man!! I would have been highly pi**ed off if my gear didn't arrive. On the plus side at least it did pitch and didn't disappear completely.

Even without your complete rig, your pics are fantastic!! Just looking at the viz makes me wish I was back on those wrecks right now.

How is your planning? I am in Namibia first two weeks of October and was going to try and get to Moz for a week afterward. What do you hear about that time of year, condition-wise? Thanks,
CD

I've not yet been to Moz at that time of year but I will be there 20-24 Sep and again 23-26 Oct and I can't wait. I'm sure the first two weeks of October would be perfect. It shouldn't be too hot but the water temperature should be great. Also, if I'm not mistaken that will be the start of the breeding season for Leatherback Turtles and Loggerhead Turtles and you might be able to see them laying eggs on the beach at night. I have been to Moz in April and it was pretty hot but not unbearable. Which charter will you be diving with?

Try this link if you would like to know what you should see seasonal sighting chart
Also some of the resorts are offering specials at that time of year drop me a mail telling me where you want to go and I will check for specials john@guinjatabay.co.za

Sodwana Bay is great place too dive. A good freindly place to stay there is Toad Tree Cabins (Sea Escapes) found on the Rooms for Africa Website

I am Diving Aliwal Shoals late Sept /early Oct for the first time but Am told that is also good

Don't forget to give Durban a shot too there are some great dives there also
Calypso Diving in Usharka Marine are the people to see, I learn't to Scuba dive with them & would
recommend their freindly service to anyone

Have Fun

Sodwana Bay is great place too dive. A good freindly place to stay there is Toad Tree Cabins (Sea Escapes) found on the Rooms for Africa Website

I am Diving Aliwal Shoals late Sept /early Oct for the first time but Am told that is also good

Don't forget to give Durban a shot too there are some great dives there also
Calypso Diving in Usharka Marine are the people to see, I learn't to Scuba dive with them & would
recommend their freindly service to anyone

Have Fun

Thanks for the post. If you are going to dive on the South Coast, KwaZulu Natal, you MUST go to Protea Banks as well. Contact African Dive Adventures on 082 456 7885 when you are in South Africa. It's a great experience.

It makes no difference if you dive Tofo,Guinjata Bay or Barra they are all close to each other around Inhambane my personal preference is Guinjata Bay because I like the people at Guinjata Resort Paul the owner is almost always there and he is a bundle of fun and Kobie the dive master is very knowledgeable and obliging but it is a case of personal preference

Back
Top Bottom