Southern California Channel Islands Live Underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SGR Jeff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Every summer California’s Channel Islands National Park presents a live and interactive underwater video program. You can catch this program online at 2 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

If you are like me and stuck at your desk all week long, this is a cool little break to take and watch some live diving. You can find out more in our article about it.

thanks for sharing that link. that is quite a program and it has been going on for a number of years. i love the landing cove at anacapa. it is the geographical feature from which i take my screen name.

What a cool concept! I loved diving Landing Cove, and it's fantastic to be able to share that with people who never go underwater, or those of us who don't go as often as they would like :)

What a cool concept! I loved diving Landing Cove, and it's fantastic to be able to share that with people who never go underwater, or those of us who don't go as often as they would like :)

Agree whole heatedly. It is really important that we do our best to expose the non-diving public to the wonders below the sea so that they learn to love them and want to protect them. I have friends who are involved in this effort. Kudos.

the program has been going on for some years. I was a volunteer on the project for four years in the 90s. I was line tender, safety diver, critter wrangler and so on. I also did kelp forest monitoring and shipwreck surveys. It was geat diving with a fine group of people; some of the finest I have had the privelege to meet. These are dedicated public servants. the diving officer puts a lot of hours into this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom