Southwest Leaving Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure what the rules are; that's why I ask. As I said, I have returned from Cozumel through Hobby on SWA but I don't remember how it worked.

When we flew through Amsterdam to Warsaw our bags were checked all the way to our final destination. That was nice.

This site and several others all say the same thing.

It doesn’t matter whether you’re terminating your travel at that point, connecting domestically, or connecting internationally. All passengers have to clear immigration and customs at their first point of entry in the United States.

The United States is one of the only countries that doesn’t offer sterile international transit, which can be quite frustrating. In other words, even if you’re merely connecting in the United States between two international flights (like flying from Sao Paulo to New York to London) you still have to clear United States immigration, which means you’ll need a visa even for transit.

Perhaps because you haven't cleared TSA screening until it is performed by TSA or US government sanctioned controlled security screening? Granted foreign screening is probably safer but I believe that's the mindset.
Before someone brings up Canada it's a special program with US government controlled customs and immigration and I believe oversight on screening, on Canadian soil which allows the flights to become 'domestic'.

Can we get back to discussing the original subject,and stop with the US customs regulations ?

Can we get back to discussing the original subject,and stop with the US customs regulations ?
What is left to discuss? The facts all came out much earlier; what we have been discussing lately are the differences (or lack of them) between flying SWA to Cozumel through Hobby vs flying other airlines through IAH, which I will be doing when SWA stops flying to Cozumel. Discussions drift; if you have more questions about SWA Leaving Cozumel, ask away.

Fewer flights might speed up the arrival process at Cozumel. Book your flights now before price$ increa$e. Which is what I did the day Southwest announced this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom