Sp-350 + Inon D2000S settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

visa67

Registered
Reaction score
Hi my friends,
I have bought a used strobe, an Inon D2000S (optical fire)

The manual is in Japanese!!!!!

Since I do not have any experiences regarding flash or srobe, please would U help me, indicating the functions of the strobe and the right settings, even for the camera.

In the back of the D2000S there are 2 controls:

1) on the left there is: OFF - STTL (means???) - LOW - FULL

2) on the right there is: (yellow letters) Super S-TTL:
A: -5, -6(ttl optical)
B:
C: -4, -3, -2, -1, -0.5

Please, would You instruct me on these modes, and suggesting the best setting ???

Then, regarding the Olympus SP-350 camera, I shoot in manual, A mode mainly;
regarding the flash..which set I have to use????

Thanks a lot in advance.
Vito

Oops, forgot the camera question.

It looks as though your Inon strobe can be used in either manual mode or in a mode to accommodate a pre-flash from the camera. The standard SP-350 flash mode has a preflash. That's where you will use the S-TTL setting.

You can set the SP-350 flash to Slave mode as well. Go to [OK/Menu>Mode Menu>Camera>Flash>Slave>1]. This will set the flash to go off just once. The number 1 setting is a low power setting and will extend battery life.

I use M (manual) on my SP-350. I usually set the macro on for everything; aperture to ƒ6.3 or 7.1; ISO between 50 and 200, dependent upon lighting conditions and brightness of my subject; set the shutter speed to obtain a pleasing shade of ambient (background) light (faster shutter speeds underexpose the background and make it darker); and use the control on my strobes to achieve correct exposure on my subject. This way I have only one thing to change while taking pictures.

Thanks for Yr help and suggestions.

Tomorrow I will go to the sea to test it (in freediving)

Thanks again
vito

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom