SP-350, PT-030 & Nikonos SB105?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewong

Contributor
Reaction score
Having a "Nikonos 5-pin" cable with my SP-350 and PT-030 (with Heinrichs TTL connector) lead me to do a bit of research into the Nikonos SB105 strobes. Has anybody tried the SP-350 with a Nikonos strobe?

They don't make strobes with a guide number of 33 anymore, like the Nikonos. That's theoretically 50% more power than my Sea&Sea YS-110 strobe.

Eddy.

Hi Eddy,

I use the Nikonos SB-105 strobe with the SP-350 and it works fine.
I had a new SB-105 strobe from my old camera setup and wanted to go digital. So I modified my Ikelite housing for my SP-350 and installed the Heinrichs TTL connector.
I used this setup in Indonesia without any problems.

Joe R

Joseph R.:
Hi Eddy,

I use the Nikonos SB-105 strobe with the SP-350 and it works fine.
I had a new SB-105 strobe from my old camera setup and wanted to go digital. So I modified my Ikelite housing for my SP-350 and installed the Heinrichs TTL connector.
I used this setup in Indonesia without any problems.

Joe R

Thanks for the reply. I have a buddy who flooded his Nikonos camera and is thinking of switching to digital. I suggested him to get the SP-350 with a Heinrichs connector and keep his Nikonos strobe. Good to know that there are others doing the same.

If I have the chance, I'll try a Nikonos strobe one day as well.

Eddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom