SP balanced adjustable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WeldonDowd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Scubapro balanced adjustable (r156) that needs a new purge cover. The one on it is hard and about to crack and the metal S is unglued. Anyone know where to find?

The last I had an opportunity to check, Scubapro was still supplying these covers under p/n 11.109.106, but that was about a year ago. Retail cost was about $12. Don't lose the insignia plate. They are just stuck in there, no glue, and are quite hard to find.

Thanks awap! I noticed the how the insignia sticks in there after I posted. And remind me to never take the exhaust tee off again; 3 bloody knuckles and an hour later and its back on. Wasn't so bad after I boiled it for a minute. Does anyone have an outlet to order that part? I'd be willing to pay a premium for it, as I know for a fact that the dealer near me will make up some excuse as to why he can't get the part. Please PM me if you can help, or just post here.

I think I have four of them waiting at a SP dealer, but unfortunately they're all spoken for. But, at least you can take that as a clear example that SP is still supplying them to dealers. I'm glad you started this thread, it's reminding me to call the shop and get them.

If you are still having trouble in a couple of weeks, let me know and I might be able to send you a used one that's in serviceable condition, not perfect.

The exhaust tee is a PITA, I find using a flat dull blade as a lever to pull it over the metal flange helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom