SP G260 vs G250/V diaphram/parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicolas Pottier

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been trying to do some research on the part differences between the G260 and the older G260s. As I understand it the G260 has a smaller case, which would lead me to believe that the diaphragm size is different, but I can't tell for sure as I can't find the part numbers for a G260.

Are the poppet designs the same as well? I'm thinking of using a G260 primary with a G250 secondary and ideally I'd like the spares to be the same. I can find lots of teardowns of G250s (including VDH's excellent walk-through) but nothing on the 260s.

Thanks!

The poppet assembly, seat, spring, balance chamber for the G250/G250V & G260 are the same. I think you are correct regarding the case and diaphragm size being different.

Attached is a 260 diagram.

Attachments

• 11-263-000 G260.pdf
    512.7 KB · Views: 150
of course they needed to change it.....

The poppet assembly, seat, spring, balance chamber for the G250/G250V & G260 are the same. I think you are correct regarding the case and diaphragm size being different.

Thanks so much for the diagram, very educational. To my totally untrained eyes it looks to main design difference is the extra adjustment screw on the barrel. (I think this is the same as the "micro adjusters" on the S600?)

Can someone explain what these do exactly? They seem like a finer control than the knob to me but maybe I'm misunderstanding. If they are indeed finer then what exactly is the point? If the control you get via the knob is coarser then why bother with only a serviceable micro adjustment? Is that doing something else entirely that I'm not understanding?

It’s more of a large s600 than a small g250.

Comparing to the S600 parts out of curiosity the knob assembly looks way more complicated on the S600 compared to the G260 and at first blush the housings look more similar between the S600 and G250V than the G260 just from their square shape. Why do you say the G260 is more like an S600?

Also just noticed that the poppet assembly is the same part number across the S600/G260/G250V. Those part numbers are global right?

The screw in the knob is for adjusting cracking pressure. I use it to center the bandwidth of the hand knob to where I want.

I have been setting mine to have a slight leak when the know is all the way open(this is what Apeks suggests). But I sure the manual calls for around 1.2-1.5 inh20 cracking effort.

Also, since we are talking about g260. Can the flow cane be reversed(crescent facing diaphragm) to generate “Maximum VIVA” like the s600?

The screw in the knob is for adjusting cracking pressure. I use it to center the bandwidth of the hand knob to where I want.

I have been setting mine to have a slight leak when the know is all the way open(this is what Apeks suggests). But I sure the manual calls for around 1.2-1.5 inh20 cracking effort.

The knob also adusts cracking pressure is that right? And so does the adjustment on the hose inlet side? Or am I misunderstanding that? Are there three ways of adjusting the same thing?

I believe on the G260 and most balanced second stages the hose side adjustment it is for setting lever height.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom