SP G260 vs G250/V diaphram/parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been trying to do some research on the part differences between the G260 and the older G260s. As I understand it the G260 has a smaller case, which would lead me to believe that the diaphragm size is different, but I can't tell for sure as I can't find the part numbers for a G260.

Are the poppet designs the same as well? I'm thinking of using a G260 primary with a G250 secondary and ideally I'd like the spares to be the same. I can find lots of teardowns of G250s (including VDH's excellent walk-through) but nothing on the 260s.

Thanks!
Are you asking for changes in the G260 or differences in parts compatibility between the 260 and 250?

Are you asking for changes in the G260 or differences in parts compatibility between the 260 and 250?

A little bit if both I guess, apologies if that's a no no. The parts diagram shared was super useful in that respect.

I know the G250 is held in very high regard so was also wondering how much had changed to affect that recommendation applying to the G260 as well I suppose.

I find the confluence of marketing and engineering a fascinating thing, especially for Scubapro which has so many different lines, so was trying to cut through some of that.

I believe on the G260 and most balanced second stages the hose side adjustment it is for setting lever height.

Ah of course. Apologies for my ignorance there. Been wanting to get the recommended books on regulator concepts to be able to talk more intelligently about those aspects but can't find a digital version so will have to wait until Christmas when I'm back in the states.

Thank you for answering that.

Also, since we are talking about g260. Can the flow cane be reversed(crescent facing diaphragm) to generate “Maximum VIVA” like the s600?
Yes

Back
Top Bottom