SP HP Piston O-rings - does anyone KNOW...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis

Contributor
Reaction score
what the EXACT spec for them is?

I have a line on EPDM 80 and 90 duro 2-110s for a VERY attractive price, but the minimum order quantity is, uh, high. :)

While the total is not a lot, its more O-rings than I can use in a number of years. We're talking a few cents each, but the quantity will be large. Anyone interested in a upwards of a HHNDRED for $10 or so? (no, I'm not kidding.) :)

So.... does anyone have the exact spec for that O-ring? Yes, I know they're using Polyurethane in some of the regs now, but EPR should be fine material-wise - the question is, what hardness if the "correct" one.

70 duro is NOT what is being used in the Mk20/25s, at least.

But I would be interested in $10.00 or so worth. As I recall, Harlow suggests 90 duro in those HP applications. I would think that extrusion is a bigger potential threat than wear so a little overkill in hardness shouldn't hurt.

I'm just heading out the door for a week at the Flower Gardens but I'll check back on this thread next week.

Thanks

The Mk10s are often 70 duro, but I've seen 80s in there - and in the rebuild kits.

The Mk20/25 O-ring FEELS harder than the 80s, and is definitely harder than the 70s - so I'm assuming its a 90.

In EPDM it should be ok for O2 (I use it for tank neck O-rings, and so does PST, so that's a pretty good endorsement) and EPDM has MUCH better wear resistance than VITON.

Back
Top Bottom