SP MK25 Hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G-lock

Registered
Reaction score
I just got my SP Mk25 and G250HP and had a question about hose routing. It has the 4 periphary ports and a single center port. The primary is on the forward right port, the octo on the rearward right port and the HP hose and console going to the left. This all makes perfect sense to me, so when would one use the center port? It points down assuming that you mount the 1st with the turret down. The only time I could see it's use is for a long hose that goes under the arm and tilts the 1st to the right. Anyone else have any ideas?? Jeff

P.S. Just as a note I saw an older thread but it really didn't fully answer my question.

G-lock once bubbled...
The only time I could see it's use is for a long hose that goes under the arm and tilts the 1st to the right. Anyone else have any ideas?? Jeff

This is how I route my long hose. It actually sits quite nicely.

Congrats on the MK25; it's an excellent first stage. I use the center port for my second stage, for both my primary (long hose) and backup (short hose) MK25s, because the center port provides 15% greater airflow than the side ports. The difference in routing for the remaining hoses out of the side ports is negligible. I've taken the regs to nearly 60m, without even a hint of overbreathing.

One tip on the MK25: after a dive, do not simply dunk the first stage in a rinse tank. Hose out the holes in the side. Sand gets into the holes, and scratches the composite piston. This seems to be the weak point of the model. I've not had a problem, as I am meticulous with my after-dive cleaning, but I know others who have.

but then again I dive a long hose :)

Works great and leads to excellent routing and comfort overall.

I use the center high flow port for my 7' hose when diving a single tank. It routes very nicely like this.

Thanx for all the answers. I have the reg the setup as traditional recreational rig. After I finish my open water cert next month in the keys and get a few more dives under my belt, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the long hose on the center port and a bungied backup. Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom