SP MK7/Air 1 Service - Experience with EBayer 'warm water jack'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the first order of business is to find out if the OP (@Alfred from Newfoundland ) is interested in self servicing his older model regulators. If he's not interested in DIY we can continue to try to convince him that for the same amount of money he can probably pick up a used but freshly serviced replacement set.

I think the first order of business is to find out if the OP (@Alfred from Newfoundland ) is interested in self servicing his older model regulators. If he's not interested in DIY we can continue to try to convince him that for the same amount of money he can probably pick up a used but freshly serviced replacement set.

To service the Mk 7, one needs (only) a Scubapro Tool and a brass pick (to get at that little HP O-ring that the piston stem slides through, and to pry out the O-ring from that brass noise-making thingy), and a Mk 7 service kit from VDH (and some everyday, around-the-house tools)--not much cost at all if you already have a Scubapro Tool.

Oh, and an intermediate-pressure gauge, too, to do things "correctly."

(@couv, I know you know this; this is for the OP and/or others who might not know.)

rx7diver

Folks

I would like to get my ScubaPro MK7 with Air 1 second stage serviced as I am getting back into SCUBA after a long hiatus. There is no longer factory support so normal dive shops cannot provide this service but I have come across a “ScubaPro expert” who sells a a lot of SP regs on EBay and he assured me that he can fully service my regulator. He goes by the handle WarmWaterJack. Does anyone have any experience with him? My plans are for shallow water (60’ or less) open water diving on air only so nothing particularly technical or difficult.
what has your experience been?
Check with COJO Diving in New Brunswick; they might be able to help and its a company not an ebay guy.

Back
Top Bottom