SP o-ring insertion tool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G'day Bluey.

Thought you may like those measurements in metric too.

Over all length 100mm
OD 12.75mm

Length of 1st instep (left in pic) 14.75mm OD 9.6mm ID 6.25

Other end (right in pic)
Length of 1st instep 13mm OD 5.55mm
Length of 2nd instep 15mm OD 9.6mm

As others have said you do not NEED the tool. It does make it a little easier.
Do you have a source for SP kits? I know where to get some in NZ.
inserttool.jpg

Anyone got the measurements for the MK10 tool?

MK 10/5 o-ring insertion tool.

I do not have very good editing tools, but this may help.

o-ring_stop_tool.JPG

Guide_Bushing.JPG

Couv

Whoops....yes, thanks Pesky

Brass dowel push rod, L= 3.00 Diameter = .235

All measurements are in inches. There are actually 3 sections of the tool. The top section is the o-ring block; the bottom section is the o-ring insertion tool. I should have mentioned all tool edges have a 45 deg chamfer. I did not make a drawing of the push rod as it is just a brass dowel.

Here is a picture off all three parts:

o-ring_insertion_tool.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,
Links to those pictures that couv posted are broken.:(
Would you kindly upload those pictures again or post dimensions of MK5/10 O-ring insertion tools?

Cheers,
Jason

Hi Reefer......first post and you been around since 2001! Well, you've got to watch out for those quiet types.

Unfortunately, I've given that tool away and I do not know what has happened to the pix; however, you may be interested in the two threads I'll link to below. The reason I gave away the Scuba Tools MK5/10 tool is because there is a better tool now available. You can see my review by clicking on the fist link. The second link will take you to a DIY tool I made from a wine bottle cork and wooden dowel.

Good luck, and don't be so quiet.

Couv

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do...ton-stem-o-ring-tool.html?highlight=insertion

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/do...ton-stem-o-ring-tool.html?highlight=insertion

Hi Couv,

Got my cert. early 80's and stopped diving in 2001 when I got my first kid. When that kid got a cert. which is three years ago, I had enough excuses to start diving again :D and dived many beautiful dive sites since.

Last year, I moved to new Zealand from Hong Kong where many fantastic diving destinations are within several hours. Figured out wouldn't dive as often as before at least for a while, instead, decided to service diving gears to fulfil my scuba needs. I still have my first shiny MK5, 109, orange SP BCD Jacket with Air2 2nd gen and jet fins. Also bought a MK9, MK10s, a MK7, G250, D400, MK25, s600 and some old dacors.
Thanks for the links. I asked about measurements in worries that I might scratch internal surfaces of 1st while measuring with calipers. I was going to 3D print the tool with that measurements
have been reading posts and enjoyed and learnt a lot here. Appreciate valuable inputs you guys have been making.

Jason

Back
Top Bottom