Space Shuttle Discovery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChaosHokie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone else going to watch (or is watching) the Space Shuttle Discovery fly over DC and/or land into Dulles Airport today?

My office is on the flight path, so if I get any good pics, I'll post them here.

IMG_20120417_094602.jpg

Cool shot. Thanks for posting it.

I've always been amazed that they can piggy back them like that. Nice picture of the shuttles last flight.

It really puts the shuttle's size in perspective. I had always thought of them as being huge but when I first realized that they were piggy backed like that, I realized just how "not huge" they are. It also puts the power of that airplane into perspective. Impressive.

The Enterprise is supposed to be smaller than Discovery, so I'm going to try to go to the museum in the next day or two and get some "reference" pics of Enterprise before they wheel in Discovery. :)

I'm sure the place is going to be a zoo for the next week or two.

I was lucky enough to see one of the shuttles as it orbited the earth years ago. It was only a speck flying over the night sky. If you told me it was a satellite or a flying saucer for that matter I would probably have taken your word for it. As an aside, I am disappointed that one of the shuttles went to New York City vs Houston.

Back
Top Bottom