Spare Parts Organization

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mehfridge

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm a new Revo diver and I've noticed that I have a much larger number of spare components, o-rings, tools, and consumables compared to my OC setup.

Currently my previous system of a small pelican case isn't working for the much larger selection of spares. I probably need to cut down on some of the spares I'm taking. I bought a used unit and all the spares are from the previous owner so I likely have components that can stay at home.

I'm curious what methods/systems others use to keep all the spares organized.

Thanks!

My save a dive kit for the rEvo consists of revo o-ring set, spare mushroom valves, a mushroom valve holder (spider), a spare revo lid nut, allen keys, two small adjustable spanners, 8v battery, AA battery, screwdrivers, multi tool, o-ring pick, o2 lube, LP inflator hose, spare reg hose, spare HP gauge hose, some bungee and some cable ties, a spare O2 cell (but largely redundant because I have dreams), and if on trip away from city/livaboard a tupperware container of sorb in dry bag (enough for at least one cannister), and 15L O2 tank with whip for O2.

However I know what your saying after I bought the revo, I had to buy a big set of bench drawers and a bench in my garage, for storing other spares and stuff. (keeping clean and dry)

My save a dive kit for the rEvo consists of revo o-ring set, spare mushroom valves, a mushroom valve holder (spider), a spare revo lid nut, allen keys, two small adjustable spanners, 8v battery, AA battery, screwdrivers, multi tool, o-ring pick, o2 lube, LP inflator hose, spare reg hose, spare HP gauge hose, some bungee and some cable ties, a spare O2 cell (but largely redundant because I have dreams), and if on trip away from city/livaboard a tupperware container of sorb in dry bag (enough for at least one cannister), and 15L O2 tank with whip for O2.

However I know what your saying after I bought the revo, I had to buy a big set of bench drawers and a bench in my garage, for storing other spares and stuff. (keeping clean and dry)
Thanks for posting what's in your "save a dive" kit for your Revo. That's probably the better question to ask instead of how to organize everything. For the moment it's tough to know what spares I would want to bring with me. What you listed gives me a good starting point though!

Buy two organizers from a system like Milwaukee Packout:

Use one for the absolutely minimal set that you will bring on every dive. Use another one for items that you may not need often.

The minimal set must contain rEvo-specific items, e.g.:

- O-ring set
- DSV o-ring set
- Mav button removal tool
- Button(s)
- Mushroom valves
- Multi-tool
- O2-safe lube

The other case is for general scuba items, e.g., bungees, batteries, bolt snaps, spare rEvo nuts, bit pieces, battery charges, glue, wrist seals, etc.

As I dive frequently and locally, the split between two cases works for me. I check the gear every week and if something looks odd, I replace it right away. In general, my rule simple - if you have to repair things at the dive site, your probably did not prepare well enough at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom