Spearboard Open

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, and I'm in too. I have nine buddies and were diving three boats and then loading our sorry asses into a 31' motorhome and driving the 11 hours to New Port Richey, FLorida for our shot at glory. Scott, please have some fresh ice for mixed drinks. I will be toting along at least one bottle of rum.

Zz

Last chance to register for the 2005 Spearboard open is tonight at the Captains meeting.

The weather is looking glorius!

Or just come check out the weigh-in and Expo on Sunday.

www.spearboardopen.com

Chad

Chad Carney:
Last chance to register for the 2005 Spearboard open is tonight at the Captains meeting.

The weather is looking glorius!

Or just come check out the weigh-in and Expo on Sunday.

www.spearboardopen.com

Chad

Chad:

What happens with all the fish taken @ this event?

Hope you all have good conditions and a safe and
fun day of diving.

All fish must be weighed in gutted and properly cared for (clear eyes and red gills) with plenty of ice. The take is limited to two fish per category and the goal is to have fun. That being said, Chad, the bus is fueled up and ready to roll. Plenty of ice in the new Icey Tek 270 with four 120s for back up. David's old trailer is gonna groan when they put my box on it.

The weather here will be 2-4s and I believe in the Middle Grounds it will be 1-2 foot. Good for us but bad for the guys from the Atlantic side who will have much bigger seas.

Zz

mdb:
Chad:

What happens with all the fish taken @ this event?

Hope you all have good conditions and a safe and
fun day of diving.

Once they are weighed, there are coolers to "donate fish" if the person so desires. Those donated fish are turned into filets and given to volunteers who help with the tournament and local food banks.

The remainder of the fish are eaten by the participants, their friends, their families, etc. Rest assured, no fish go to waste!!!

Scott

Hey Yipi...go to www.spearboard.com and order you a shirt. Should be some left huh.....I am doing my Annual Training with the Guard in LA so I wont be there but if I wasn't, I be rollin with Rock Bottom!!!. Have fun Zz......call me when ya'll get back.

Back
Top Bottom