Speargun rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckHunter

Registered
Reaction score
I want to build a speargun rack (upright) for my boat (19ft open fisherman) that will hold 3 or 4 spearguns. Anyone have any suggestions, plans, pictures? Care to share? Thanks

I would take a look at some pick-up trucks as they pass. I would play country music and tow the boat with the same truck a nice beaten up 85 chevy or the like! :wink:

Could you not make something from wood, with little indents for the butt of the speargun and bungee to hold the gun into the rack. Only ideas - i am still trying to make a kayak storage rack for the garage - but that is another story.

would like to say that i do not know why you want to spearfish but if you insist to i cannot do anything about it, however, i would do it like wreckhunter said, but still i don't like it, you are endangering you, those around you and anyone on the boat, you are doing this by you may not be paying attention when you are on the boat and misfire and hit someone, under the water its the same story except you do it by angering any sharks in the area, sharks can smell fish blood over a mile away, i have voiced my opinions on two matters, however, i doubt you will take one of them to heart

LOL - kid, you're making some impression here. Showing up, talking about how 100% Nitrox is cool, and now condemning someone for spearfishing?

Do your parents know you're on this board?

Thanks Greyface. I have seen those racks. They are very nice but a litlle expensive. I thought I would save some money by making my own. I was planning to follow that design. I know others who have done this and they turned out very nice. I was just asking to see if anyone had built their own and had an interesting design. Thanks for the helpful input that is what this forum is all about.

Junior Diver,
I see that you are all of 14 years old. So pardom me if I don't take the wisdom you have gained from your VAST life experience to heart. Since I have been diving for more than twice as long as you have been alive I think I have a little better idea of what constitutes a safety hazard to myself and my fellow divers. By the way a speargun is NEVER kept cocked on board a dive boat. Why don't you relax a bit and listen and learn from those with more experience. You will go much farther in life that way.

Wreckhunter, ask on www.spearboard.com. They can probably give you some good ideas.

Spearfishing angers sharks? Get REAL. Do they lodge a protest against slingers?

(I can see it now: G-day, Bruce, we're here today to discuss those nasty bubble blowers slinging steel at our little friends, and as we all know Fish Are Friends, Not Food. This Really ANGERS me. I've been fish-free for two months now...)

Can you provide ANY evidence of ANY of the claims you made, Junior? I've had diving buddies (non-spearing) that far better fit your description of dangerous.

Thanks Reefguy. I am also a member of spearboard. That is where I got some good pictures of a rack like Spearfishing Specialities makes. I wonder how many of us are members of both forums?

Those do look cool, but you could, as Simbrooks pointed out, make it out of wood with a relatively simple base. Add another horizontal piece above with grooves (at, say, maybe 2' above the base) for the shaft, and bungie the guns in across the top piece.

Maybe even a truck (window) gun rack mounted sideways (do they even make those anymore) with bungies across both pieces?

I mostly lurk on Spearboard, but I have seen some others from here post. CBulla might have an idea or two on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom