Special forces diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the tip, just saw a re-run today on that one, and it was awesome!..really rugged system they still dive on, and I kinda figured they'd have something more advanced. Surprising, and enlightening.

I'm rather less than thrilled by the show. They covered the start, then jumped to week 6 & their final exam. Lotta material in between didn't get a minute.

I have an old buddy of mine who taught pre-scuba in SF. He got his tab back in the 70's. He was telling me that the scuba school was the hardest thing he ever did. All the people that attend this school have already proved themselves. They are all Ranger or long tabbers or both. This is one of the few schools you can voluntary withdraw from and come back to. If you voluntary withdraw from Airborne or Ranger school no coming back ever.

Yeah, everyone I've met who's got his dive bubble says that the SF combat diver school was, without a doubt, the hardest thing they've ever done.

I have an old buddy of mine who taught pre-scuba in SF. He got his tab back in the 70's. He was telling me that the scuba school was the hardest thing he ever did. All the people that attend this school have already proved themselves. They are all Ranger or long tabbers or both. This is one of the few schools you can voluntary withdraw from and come back to. If you voluntary withdraw from Airborne or Ranger school no coming back ever.

Not true. I had buddies that dropped and went back to RS. They were for family emergnecies, but none the less, they dropped. I had seen soliders also dropped from BAC and went back also.

I like the phrase, "already proven themselves". What does that mean exactly? I seen good solid soliders, saliors and Marines go through one school and not make another school. It doesnt come down to proving anything to anybody. It is about training. Training in a stressed enviroment so that panic doesnt take over.

I like the phrase:
'

What this means if you have earned your Ranger Tab or long tab you have already proved you one tough person and have endured a lot to be where you are at now. The individuals with the Ranger Tab who attend this school come usually from Ranger Battalions. Life in the Battalion is not an easy life. The training is hard and in fact you can be sent back to the regular army pretty fast for failure to meet standards in the Battalion.

A lot of the long tabbers now that attend this scuba have been down range on real world missions and have been had multiple tours and are on operational ODAs.

That is what meant they have already proven themselves!!!! That is why Scuba school if I am not mistaken is probably one of the few schools I know of in the US Army that you can voluntary withdraw from and come back to at a later date.

Not true. I had buddies that dropped and went back to RS. They were for family emergnecies, but none the less, they dropped. I had seen soliders also dropped from BAC and went back also.
They did not voluntary withdraw. You can not voluntary withdraw from either and ever hope to go back. In fact if a soldier is thinking of VW at Ranger School, they will bring them for a night, let them get a hot meal and a shower before they make the final decision. The RIs will let them think about it and most of the time they will change their minds about being a VW. If you do not believe me go ask someone with a Tab. Same thing with BAC, if you VW no coming back. When I went I was in an airborne unit at Bragg and there would be no way in hell I was coming back w/o my wings. Same with guys that are from BN. you better come back from RS with your tab or face hell unless you medicaled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom