special thanks to THE NORTHEAST DIVE EQUIPMENT GROUP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tight rope walker

Contributor
Reaction score
I would like to give a special thanks to Bob, Fred, Wayne, and Bill, and all the other volunteers from THE NORTHEAST DIVE EQUIPMENT GROUP and the LONG ISLAND DIVERS ASSOCIATION for once again putting on an excellent demonstration at Brownstone Quarry in Portland Connecticut this past weekend.

This was the third year I have attended, ans as always was very impressed with the professionalism of both the NEDEG and LIDA. Also a special thanks to Fred Barthes who originally provided the Russian three bolt helmet that was big enough to fit my fat head. This year the group got me into a YOKOHAMA helmet. WOW!

Remember, these folks are all volunteers, who take it upon themselves to drive long distances at their own expense, while lugging heavy and very expensive gear, to give folks like me an opportunity to dive vintage and commercial gear, including hard hat dress. Unless I was in the military or a commercial or rescue diver, if not for their endeavors I would have never had the chance to know what that was like.

Also I would like to thank the gentleman ( comrade ) for his demonstration of re-breathers. In as much as some of them looked like they should not be used by civilians ( HA HA HA!), I was very appreciative to have been able to learn from him.

Also, thanks to Lewis for his double hose rigs. At one time I thought there were a lot more there. As they were the rigs I grew up with, I always liked to see them.

Once again,
Many thanks:):):):):):)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom