Spg with compass and pressure but no depth gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zznola

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,
I found a used oceanic spg with compass on the back for right under $100. Then I found this one, TUSA Double Gauge Pressure & Compass,without the depth gauge new for around the same price. I use a sunto zoop for my depth. I realize about redundancy being a good thing but I imagine that I'll always be using the computer so maybe this new unit without the depth is the way to go. Not sure, just trying to keep costs down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been diving for years with only an spg on my regs. Compass I carry seperately depending on where I dive (wrist fit) and wrist computer of course. Much easier for me, no bulky heavy and unnecessary instruments hanging around

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Only SPG on regs. Kompass on left wrist and Bottomtimer on right wrist. Easy Peasy.

Depends on the size and your preference... I only have an spg on my reg to but if you want a compass on there as well and the new console isn't much bigger then go for it

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

Well, if you're looking at used, I have a much better deal for you

There's a depth gauge on the other side of the compass and I think the SPG with hose goes on that console, I can confirm for you later, you can have it for $40
Picture 037.jpg

Or, you can have this set up here, SPG/Compass/Computer for $130, just replaced the battery few days ago.
Picture 040.jpgPicture 041.jpgPicture 042.jpg

PM me if it interests you, Thanks
Pavao

Hey all,
I realize about redundancy being a good thing but I imagine that I'll always be using the computer so maybe this new unit without the depth is the way to go.
It's fine to not have a separate depth gauge if you have a computer, which is why they commonly sell console packages like that. (You obviously can't tell the pressure in your tank from your buddies gauges, but depth you can so you do have redundancy of a sort.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom