Spiegel Grove Double Dip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Irene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a dive operator that does two dives on the grove. Know that most take folks to the speigel then someplace else. Anyone know which boats stay at the speigel for a second dive?

If you have enough people, just about any of the smaller ops will do special requests.

Rachel

I did back to back dives on the grove a few months back with an outfit
called Dive In Charters. They have a nice six pack that gets out to the wreck
in no time at all. As your going down when you get to that shell factory place
you take a left right before it, go all the way across and follow it to the water
they are just to the left. It seems like the two dives is becoming more common not
sure why it is still a deep dive. It does tend to tie up the mooring buoys creating
a wait to just get a mooring buoy. My buddy and I did one dive then we pulled off that ball and had to wait a bit to get another ball, we probably shoulda just dropped down from the same ball although probably better to do a service interval without
tying up a ball. I'm anxious to get back again when the weather warms up again.
There is one down line that connects to a traverse line to the wreck, if you get this
make sure you allow the extra time to run the traverse line to the ascent line, not a biggie but it does take a little extra time.

Kevin

idive2:
probably better to do a service interval without
Kevin

make that surface interval : ) lambrusco at work !
anyone gonna be diving down there late in the week next week ?

Kevin

Atlantis dive center will do a double dive on the Grove if you give them enough notice and have enough people.

The great Bluewater Divers of Key Largo will double dip the Grove. I have done it with them many times.

Most operators will do a double dip on the Spiegel Grove and schedule dive charters according to where a customer wants to go when they call to book trips. We do that for double dipping and 3 tank dives. Good luck and have fun.

Good Diving,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom