Split from Coral Bleaching - What are Sea Walkers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is disturbing and no doubt a serious threat to our reefs. Sadly, even with educational efforts you will get those that don't care. Can tour operators be more accountable? If not greater supervision would most likely eventually come about. In some ways that can be sad for responsible snorkelers/divers, as I really enjoy the freedom one has when diving and snorkeling in Thailand.

My wife and I bought a Hydrobob to rent out in the British Virgin Islands. We are currently setting up operations there, but we excluded the helmets as an activity right away. We do not want people stepping on the bottom taking souvenirs, and also, who enjoys wearing a helmet? The Bob`s are scooters with bubble heads, they are also tethered to the surface with a rope and a float so they can`t bounce in to reefs. The Inventor is named Andrew Sneath and he lives in West Palm beach, FL. We are currently there now for training, and we also wait to collect a scooter. They are pretty cool as they enable non-divers to get under water. Hopefully they will respect the oceans a bit more after a trip.
Only two days ago I actually yelled at a girl throwing a plastic cup in the water, sitting 10 feet from a thrash can. She just said "sorry" and laughed, thinking she was cute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom