Sporasub by Mares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the Sporasub mini compact octopus, its sturdy, easy to get the maitainance pack etc and looks good. Breaths good and at 50% off the price of a compatible octo a good buy. By purchasing the octo i upgradded from a Scubapro MK2 to a Mk16 by adding $20.

I have 2 Sporasub regulators, an Alto Plus and a Matrix and am pleased with both. The only problem that I have with the Alto Plus is that the DBS port (the designated 2nd stage port) is in an awkward position which limits where you put the inflator hose. The Matrix is an outstanding regulator; however, it has not been reviewed by Rodales because it is not distributed in the US. I got mine from Diveinn (scubastore.com) for $125 and couldn't be happier. It is very comparable to the Mares V-16 first stage, with a unique looking adjustable 2nd stage.

In the dive center where I worked, we used some Minicompacts in the counter. These are very reliable and very durable regs, but not fancy, which is why they are so cheap. For their price- spora-sub delivers, and more than that.

Hello friends. Can anybody advice where I can buy repair kit for regulator Sporasub Matrx with octo Compact. Thanks in advance for any reply

Depending on where you live, your local dive shop should be able to get these from Mares. My local mares repair shop said the Matrix was a fairly common kit as it is the V16. You could go on the Mares manufacturor's forum here on SB and shout out to the Mares folks to direct you to these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom