Spray painting a galvanized tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben, I know that feeling. Most fathers do. I could not locate my daughter on a night dive. Every diver had a light stick, and all were green. She was a teenager at the time. I located her fairly quickly, but after that we use a blue light stick for here and a white one for me.

Four years later was last Saturday. We did the same thing, and gave buddy Greg two orange light sticks. You can buy those sticks at the dive shop, and they are always green. Lowe's has all the colors.

My lord all the dripple about spending money on nitrox sticks and all these wonderful hearsay. Some shops do ask for them because in the end, they are liable. If 7 bucks protects them, 7 bucks it is, not like all you Pickering fools don't spend money on other things that some people feel is a waste of money to them. Move on and talk to this guy about how to distinguish himself from others at a busy dive site so he isn't in a position of lossing his buddy and having to surface because of it.

With all this experience and knowledge on these boards, still only a few good ideas and a whole page way off topic.

I hope you get better answers on painting your cylinders as I am interested. I am so tired of gray or silver tanks and don't want to go to aluminum because they scare me in the long run and the buoyancy characteristics just piss me off. They do have nice colours though, to bad no cylinder company doesn't offer some steel colour choices.

stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers.
wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes.
stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers, stickers.

Why does it have to be one of these ?

Why not a metal ( brass ) or plastic tags to be attached to the tank valve ?

Bill
dead dog

wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes, wrappes.

Why does it have to be one of these ?

Why not a metal ( brass ) or plastic tags to be attached to the tank valve ?

Bill
dead dog
You do realize this thread is five years old, right?

Back
Top Bottom