Spring adjustment, F1 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_doug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there anything bad about adjusting just one side of the spring? For the boots I currently have, the loose setting is bit too loose, and the tight setting is a bit too tight; but with one side tight, one side loose (on the same spring) it feels just right. So again, is this okay to do?

Is there anything bad about adjusting just one side of the spring? For the boots I currently have, the loose setting is bit too loose, and the tight setting is a bit too tight; but with one side tight, one side loose (on the same spring) it feels just right. So again, is this okay to do?

Good question! Not at all, it is just another setting for the length making a total of 3 choices. Enjoy :wink:

Good question! Not at all, it is just another setting for the length making a total of 3 choices. Enjoy :wink:

Thanks! BTW, these fins are awesome. I was worried that since they are fairly heavy and stiff they would be difficult to kick and fatiguing...this is not the case at all. They are powerful, precise AND easier to kick than the Mares Quattros I was previously using (especially with frog kicks). I own all my own gear, but I only own three items that I consider perfect (i.e. if these items should break, get lost/stolen, they will be replaced with the exact same item): Tusa Platina Hyperdry II snorkel, Atomic Frameless mask and now the Hollis F1's. Once again, great fins!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom