Spring Break 2019 Kids Sea Camp at Brac Reef and Cobalt Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Kids Sea Camp is apparently for diving families that want to meet and dive with other families and they are planning some events next year in April 2019 at Cayman Brac Beach Resort and Cobalt Coast, see below.

Family Dive Adventures Custom Private Family SCUBA Diving Vacations

(New) CAYMAN BRAC: Brac Reef Resort, April 6th – 13th -All inclusive Save 10% when you book 2 weeks.
(New) GRAND CAYMAN: Cobalt Coast, April 13th – 20th -All inclusive
(New) GRAND CAYMAN: Cobalt Coast, April 20th – 27th – All inclusive

I am posting this here for diving families that may be interested, and for divers without diving kids that might like to avoid the above dates.

They are also offering some dates this year at CBBR that have sold out:

CAYMAN BRAC: Brac Reef Resort, July 28th – August 4th (SOLD OUT)
CAYMAN BRAC: Brac Reef Resort,
August 4th – 11th (SOLD OUT)

The program is great for the children and parents but If you are an old curmudgeon like me, you don't want to be anywhere near one of these places during Sea Camp.
Full resort, full boats, pools full of screaming kids.
Thanks for posting. Now I know where not to go those weeks.

@Doctorfish Have you ever been, or are you just making assumptions?

Unless you've taken kids yourself, you probably have never been near one, considering they usually book the entire resort. Therefore your comment is moot. You would not have the opportunity to stay at the same resort and suffer the screaming kids.

Not true, I was at Buddys Bonairelast year while Sea Camp was going on. The resort was not full at the time of booking and nobody told me.

Not true, I was at Buddys Bonairelast year while Sea Camp was going on. The resort was not full at the time of booking and nobody told me.

I stand corrected. Every time I've gone, the resort was full.

Below is their current event calendar, including sold out events and open events, with some dates in 2019 and 2020.

It makes sense that they tend to schedule events during summer holidays and school holiday weeks and they do visit many popular destinations and resorts, like Buddy Dive in Bonaire and the Clearly Cayman resorts on all 3 Cayman islands.

We tend to travel to Cayman during late October or November and I've just noticed that they will be at Little Cayman Beach Resort during Thanksgiving Week 2019 and they will be at Buddy Dive in Bonaire this year during Thanksgiving.

They look like great events for families and it's cool that the younger generation are learning to dive, and to appreciate sea life, and that they can enjoy the experience with other families; but since we travel as a couple and not a family, I would be annoyed to find myself in the middle of a sea camp week during my precious vacation time. I think that the resorts should tell you when you book but I wouldn't count on it; they are trying to sell rooms.

Anyway, if you are planning a vacation during the summer or during holiday weeks, it is prudent to check out the kids sea camp website - they may have just what you are looking for, or they may have weeks that you would prefer to avoid.

Kids Sea Camp Calendar of events, dates and destinations- 2018 & 2019

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom